Pupil Premium funding is additional funding to support initiatives to raise academic attainment.
A wide variety of interventions and initiatives have been established to improve educational outcomes and opportunities for the cohort and these are detailed in the expenditure statements which can be found at the links below. The academy remains committed to ensuring that Pupil Premium Funding is utilised to bring about positive academic outcomes, enhanced learning experiences and raises student aspirations to allow them to thrive and achieve at the highest level. In recent years there has been:
- A focus on staff CPD to ensure all staff are fully aware of the needs of their PP students are and utilise the latest Sutton Trust research is suggesting is the most effective way to utilise the funding
- An investment in an attendance team to support students in improving their attendance to school
- Opportunities provided for more able provision and awareness raising regarding further/higher education (Aspirations)
- An investment in mentoring and coaching
- A significant investment in intervention and welfare support
- Curriculum Support (Core Subjects English/Maths)
The pupil premium strategy will be reviewed in September 2023.